Thursday, April 12, 2007

Work in Progress


This is a quilt I've been working on since last summer, when we returned from our "family-moon" in the San Juan Islands in Washington State. A family-moon is a honeymoon where you take the kids along. We had a wonderful time, roaming the beautiful island, going orca watching, visiting the lavender farm and alpaca farm. I decided to try my first landscape quilt with pictures I took there. This is about half of the quilt, you can't see the orcas or the sculpture garden, or the snow capped mountain. And it's not finished, but a fellow quilter on a quilting website wanted ideas about landscape quilts, so I got mine out, and now I can't wait to start working on it again! Here are some of the photos I've used to make the quilt:
Well, I can't get them to go onto the page in the order I want, so I'm going to post and come back. I'm a cyber-genius, if you haven't figured it out.

No comments: