Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Hey, I'm a blogger!

Soooo, as busy as I am, why blog? For one thing, it's a way to connect with other quilters, and I can do it without covering the dining room table with fabric. And I want to connect with other parents. As a mother and pediatrician, I know a lot of things about kids. There are some pieces of advice that I relate at work probably hundreds of times a month. I figure if it's worth saying over and over and over, maybe it's worth posting on the net. Things like nutrition, the importance of reading to children, sleep problems, constipation, temper tantrums...........

I read a quote about quilters once that I loved. It was something like, "What is it about quilters that we are compelled to take perfectly good fabric, cut it to pieces, and then sew it back together?" That's my life. I haven't done much the easy way. But it seems like it's all coming together finally, maybe it's time to start thinking about borders and batting.

No comments: