Friday, April 27, 2007

Thank You for Giraffes


These are quick photos of a book I wrote and illustrated with quilts. I have some better pictures without the glare, but can't find them on my computer right now. This is the text of the book:
My daughter Cara loves giraffes. When she was two years old, she always included giraffes in her prayers. One evening her usually long list of blessings ran a little short. Her prayer went something like this: "Thank You for my home. Thank You for my family. Thank You for our food. Thank You for giraffes. . . . . . and more giraffes." After she heard me tell this story to several people, that phrase became part of every night's prayer.
My prayer is that all children, to whomever they pray, have much for which to be thankful.
thank you for giraffes, and more giraffes
thank you for food
thank you for water, and otters
thank you for wild
thank you for calm
thank you for sunsets
thank you for dawn
thank you for home
and places far
thank you for the moon and stars
thank you for animals big
and small
but most of all,
thank you for love.
The book will be for sale soon on Amazon.com. Please check back!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came by on a random hop and happy I did. Will be watching Amazon for the book as I have 5 year old twin nieces who will love it as will my other 3 nieces. Gee, I'll need 4 copies!!

teri

TxQuilter59 said...

I just recieved this book and it is a beautiful work of art. The brilliant colors and simple text are so perfect for younger readers and my 13 year old also loved it. Just a lovely book.

Diane Perin said...

What a gorgeous book idea...I'll be buying it soon! (I have a friend who just had a baby--what a perfect gift!)

Ali Honey said...

Congratulations on your book. Looks exciting. It sounds like you live an interesting full and useful life. I will return to visit with you again.
Best Wishes from Alison in New Zealand.

Suzy said...

Congratulations on your book - I love all the quilting pictures. Will keep my eye out for it for my 4 yr old grandson.

Shirley Goodwin said...

I have found your blog through Ali's (Quilting Orchardist). You might like to join the Dyers' Webring - link is on my blog http://shirleygoodwin.blogspot.com

Susan D said...

What a beautiful book of gorgeous colours. Is it only available on Amazon.com can't find it on Amazon.co.uk.