Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Little Romance

This is a quilt I made after my "first" date
with my husband. Well, my first date with him this century. Mark was my first love, when I was 13 and he was 16. He liked me too and was about to finally ask me on a date (by then I was 16), and my family moved to another state. We kept in touch by letters (whoa, that dates us, doesn't it?) and saw eachother occasionally, and then dated for a year when I was in my residency. For reasons unclear to me, I broke up with him, and we were out of touch for 18 years. Then he "googled" me, we wrote, talked, and he came for a visit. We went out to dinner, then went to Minnehaha Falls, a beautiful waterfall in Minneapolis. We kissed under a full moon. So, back to the quilt. I named it "Full moon, waterfall, kiss." Later, I told Mark that I was making a quilt for him, and that it was about our first date. He said, then it must be about a full moon, and a waterfall, and a kiss." I know it's unbelievable, but he really did! I think that's when I decided to marry him. How many men would have said that? I gave him the quilt, and he loved it. Then I married him and got it back!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

That is so sweet!