Tuesday, May 22, 2007

That's Ava, A-V-A


A few weeks ago I was doing a check up on a beautiful four year old girl. I asked her if she likes to eat fruits and vegetables. She told me, "Yeah, because if you only eat junk food you will just get little again." I had to think for a minute. . . . Junk food makes you little? I thought it makes you fat. Then, child psychologist that I am, I figured it out. Her parents must tell her that if she wants to grow up strong and heathy, she needs to eat good food. So, by four year old logic, if you eat unhealthy food, you will do the opposite, turn back into a baby.


I told her that I am writing a book for children and parents about staying healthy, and I asked her if I could put what she said into my book. She didn't skip a beat, just said, "That's Ava, A-V-A." Aren't kids amazing???

I thought I would use this story to re-post my favorite quilt, as it has gotten buried in old blogs.

1 comment:

Cookingfor5 said...

Cute Story! I love this quilt too. My goal in life is to make a quilt. Problem is I have never learned to sew. I can make curtains so that is a start, but am still goaling myself to learn to quilt.