Saturday, May 26, 2007

Nathan Stromberg

It's a gorgeous Minnesota early summer day and all of my neighbors are in their front yards. We don't see eachother for six months after we descend into the gloomy tunnel of winter. When the warmth returns, we venture out and catch up our friends' lives. People emerge with new babies that we didn't even know were gestating. Which is what happened today. My neighbor Kara was out holding her newborn Greta, so I had to go see! Her husband Nate was watching Ben, almost two, toddle around. I found out that they had another surprise--Nate just published a children's book with his father. His father Bob wrote the book, Miracle at Stinky Bay, based on a true father-son fishing story, and Nate illustrated it. This is the cover art. Isn't it beautiful?

I have been diligently working on a website on which I will sell Thank You for Giraffes, Goodnight Toes, and a third book that will be debuted (is that how you spell it?) on this blog very soon. It is titled The Mouse Yawned, and is illustrated by Stephen Richardson. I am planning to feature Nate's book on my site as well.

The universe is so cool, it just blows me away.

1 comment:

Sarah Ann Smith said...

WOW...nate is one awesome artist! Thanks for writing to me, and sharing your blog. And major congratulations on the books... nothing like being a multi-tasking mom / doc / author / artist / quilter, eh?

Cheers, Sarah